From 29 June 2020 we delighted to be able to welcome you back to the cathedral for public worship during the services noted below. Please read these guidelines before attending a service:
Click or tap the arrows beside the month below to move between them.
- As part of the Covid tracing rules Churchwardens will keep a list of attendees each Sunday, in case someone later presents with symptoms.
- Everywhere will be cleaned in advance of a service; hand sanitizer will be available for everyone coming in and we would ask you to touch as few surfaces as possible.
- All non-essential items will have been removed including hymn books, prayer books, kneelers, and seat mats but you may bring your own prayer book or cushion.
- We regret that we cannot congregate for long periods outside church buildings before or after services and we are unable to provide refreshments.
- Again, as we have to follow the social distancing guidelines in place at this time, it will mean only one person per pew or stall – apart for families / households who can sit together.
- We are encouraged to fill the church from the front (some areas will be closed off) – please follow the directions of the wardens and we are sorry if that means in the short term you are unable sit in your traditional seat.
- Offerings should be deposited into clearly marked receptacles on the way out.
- Again, to protect social distancing etc we should leave by the rear stalls first.
- The toilets are closed apart from in an emergency.
- Initially, it is unlikely that there will be congregational singing but it may be possible to incorporate music in other ways. In services of Holy Communion, under the present directives, we can only offer communion in one kind i.e. bread.
- Please come forward in a line and receive standing from the clergy – we cannot stand or kneel at the communion rail. Face coverings are not a requirement at present.
- Individuals who wish should feel comfortable to wear a face covering.